Thursday, January 15, 2009

Re-Infusion

Today is the big day. Everything up until now has been building toward the day that the stem cells go back in and do to their little stem cell magic (additional explanation here). I must admit that up until now, I had not been viewing this day as the big milestone that my physicians had been building up (the instructional binder states that many patients think of it as a second birthday) but I find myself excited this morning. Maybe not as excited as I usually get for my birthday - there's no Neil's Hat Trick from Cake Love after all - but excited for the ending it may mark, and end to these 2+ years of life being being chased by this cancerous shadow. An end to the worry, stress and pain of all of this. So bring on the end, which of course marks a new beginning.
Thanks, as always to all of you for your calls, notes, and packages - the unpleasantness of this whole experience is infinitely eased by your love.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you and thinking happy thoughts of stem cell magic for you!

Anonymous said...

loooove you el fro :)

Suburban Sweetheart said...

The '90s didn't bring much good, but they did bring us this fab lyric: "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." I really, truly hope & pray that today marks both an end & a beginning for you. I think about you every day & can't to see you back in the District sometime in the near future. ;)

Barbara Agdern said...

One of my favorite quotes by Albert Einstein: "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." For me, I prefer to see miracles everywhere. This process is a miracle, and we are so grateful to welcome your new beginning. Thinking of you with love

allison said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you always and with love... Can't wait until you're back in the District - it just doesn't seem the same without you. xo

Sammie said...

As I make ready to witness our national New Beginning, my thoughts will be with you! I eagerly await your return to the arena of social justice in DC and am praying and pulling for you kiddo!